ZPM Management is a real estate investment management firm that focuses on value-add transactions throughout the Northeast middle-markets. The firm targets multifamily, mixed-use and industrial assets that offer compelling risk-adjusted returns. We acquire, reposition and operate properties that are under-utilized or mismanaged, investing to maximize their potential and create positive environments. We do this while maintaining downside protection, with reasonable leverage and consistent cash flows.
Our diverse team strikes a dynamic balance between hands-on operational knowledge and institutional investment experience. ZPM team members’ history of project and asset management is integral in the execution of value-add strategies for its investments. Coupled with substantial institutional experience, the team brings a sophisticated approach to middle-market real estate assets.
- Display consistent professional leadership while simultaneously handling competing and changing priorities and projects. Remain positive, resourceful, and possess the ability to improvise while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Serve as the main point of contact for the property managers and asset management team in dealing with accounting matters.
- Reconcile all aspects of our property financial records including but not limited to bank accounts, tenant ledgers, rent roll, rent collection, bill payment and other misc. balance sheet and income statement balance.
- Prepare and approve property financial statements, tenant ledgers, accounts receivable analysis, accounts payable analysis, and other reports prepared by internal and external parties.
- Analyze mortgage, partnership, and cash management agreements, as well as, commercial leases to determine proper accounting.
- Master current financial systems in order to oversee and ensure accurate and timely performance of all accounting functions
- Provide support for corporate initiatives such as debt financings, acquisitions and dispositions.
- Identify, recommend, implement, and oversee organizational and financial internal controls.
- Review the monthly loan draw requests for TIA and construction projects
- Identify and help research costs savings and process improvement opportunities.
- Interface with outside tax advisors and review annual tax packages.
- Provide support for the annual audit process.
- Assist the Senior Property Accountant, Controller and Vice President of Finance with other reports and analysis as required.
- An entrepreneurial attitude and a demonstrated ability to work within a team is a must
- 3-5+ years of experience as a bookkeeper with an intermediate knowledge of responsibilities listed
- Associates or Bachelors degree in Accounting is a plus
- Prior experience specifically related to bookkeeping for investment properties is a plus
- Demonstrated experience leading accounting operations and various audit processes
- Strong aptitude for financial analysis
Experience and Competencies
- Collaborative and self-directed with strong people management skills demonstrating the ability to lead, leverage and train all member of the property management team
- Ability to look past the issue at hand in order to resolve the issues of the future
- Appetite for recommending re-engineered business processes and procedures
- Ability to communicate in a manner to gain an understanding of directions while also knowing when it is appropriate to ask questions.