- Assist Residents with problems and requests to the best of your ability and to the limits of your authority.
- Maintain curb appeal of the exterior of your property and buildings to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Continually supervise maintenance and grounds personnel.
- Take action to improve the general appearance of the property, always be alert for any deferred maintenance problems.
- Establish daily employee goals. Show each employee exactly what you want him or her to do so they know what is expected.
- Supervise employees and ensure their work quality, work hours and presentability.
- Foster a pleasant and open work environment.
- Monitor employee performances and escalate problems to Property Manager.
- Evaluate employees with the Manager yearly and bi-yearly.
- Schedule daily work routines and monitor progress and completion of requests.
- Review all maintenance requests and closely monitor Schedule trash runs with grounds personnel and maintenance orders with maintenance staff.
- Weekly clean hallways and amenities and maintain light fixtures if needed.
- Make recommendations to the Manager to improve general condition of the property.
- Monthly perform pest control, Air conditioner filter change, Check electric meters, Inspect irrigation systems, Capital improvement and Clean roofs and gutters
- Assist in apartment inspections biannually.
- Perform inspections of grounds and look for missed trash, maintenance problems and damages.
- Maintain safety procedures. Maintain a professional, courteous, knowledgeable and helpful attitude with the Residents and fellow employees. Promote this attitude in all of your personnel. Do not socialize with Residents but maintain a professional manner. Do not discuss company business or engage in idle talk or rumors. Be honest and truthful in all communications with the Property Manager. Dishonesty will not be tolerated.
- Assist Maintenance Supervisor in coordinating and monitoring all aspects of the maintenance staff in order to ascertain full knowledge and control over the entire maintenance program
- Able to perform Physical labor which includes: Working off ladders up to 20 feet off the ground, Working off stepladders up to 10 feet inside apartments, Leaning over roof edges to make repairs, Work under sinks and around appliances by bending down or lying on your back, Climbing onto second story roofs with pitches up to 6-12, Moving appliances including refrigerators, dishwashers, washers, dryers and ranges, Lifting and carrying up to 125 pounds, Bending over appliances or mechanical equipment for repairs for cleaning, Walking and/or, standing for an entire workday, Climbing flights of stairs to access work on upper floors, Wear tool belts, Digging trenches up to 36” deep, Assembling small parts in appliances, mechanical equipment, plumbing and electrical fixtures, etc, Reading repair instructions, Working in inclement weather, Operating hand and power tools, Painting, Cleaning.
- Supply your own tools for all common maintenance repairs.
- Supervisory and managerial experience required
Job Type: Full-time