Responsible for effectively computing, classifying and recording numerical data to keep financial records complete while assisting with the leasing, marketing and resident relations for the community. The Assistant Property Manager will perform any combination of routine calculating, posting and verifying duties to make payments to vendors, process resident rental payments and obtain primary financial data for use in maintaining property accounting records.
- Greet prospects and qualify by covering all criteria (ask questions; utilize completed guest cards, etc.).
- Immediately record all telephone and in-person visits on appropriate reports.
- Files own guest cards and maintain according to established procedures.
- Demonstrate community and apartment/model and apply product knowledge to clients’ needs by communicating the features and benefits; close the sale.
- Have prospect complete application and secure deposit in accordance with the company procedures and Fair Housing requirements.
- Update availability report, process applications for approvals, (i.e., credit check, rental history, etc.) and submit processed applications to the Property Manager for approval. Follow up with the applicant regarding status.
- Ensure the apartment is ready for the resident to move in on the agreed date.
- Immediately follow up on prospects that did not close and attempt to close sale again. If unable to help prospects, refer them to sister communities to meet the prospect’s needs.
- Secure new resident’s signature(s) on appropriate paperwork prior to move-in. Orient new residents to the community.
- Monitor renewals. Distribute and follow up on renewal notices.
- Assist in monitoring advertising effectiveness.
- Distribute all company or community issued notices.
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all times
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; some college preferred.
- A minimum of one-year experience in a customer service related industry and on-year apartment leasing experience or a combination of accounting skills/education with customer service experience is preferred.
- Fair Housing Certification, willingness to obtain prior to interacting with prospective residents.
- OSHA laws and regulations, willingness to obtain within six months.
- Demonstrate an ability to support and contribute to the community team.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written community skills.
- Competence in the operation of a telephone, business calculator, copy machine, facsimile, personal computer/keyboard, Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and MS Outlook and community software.
- Must possess a positive attitude and the ability to smile under all circumstances.
- Participate in training in order to comply with new or existing laws.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
- Neat, clean, professional at all times throughout the workday and/or whenever present at the community.
- Comply with expectations as demonstrated in the employee handbook.
- Demonstrate the ability to diffuse and respond to customer concerns to avoid escalation of the problem.